54th Support Bn
54th Support Battalion
( Forward) ("Pillar")
- Constituted 28 May 1943 in the Army of the United States as the 54th Quartermaster Truck Battalion.
- Activated 7 July 1943 with personnel and equipment from the 2638th Quatermaster Truck Battalion (Provisional) (Organized in November 1942 in Tunisia)
- Battalion broken up 3 November 1943 and its elements reorganized and redesignated as the follows
- Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment as Headquarter and Headquarters Detachment, 54th Quartermaster Battalion, Mobile ( Companies A, B, C, and D as the 3353d, 3354th, 3355th, 3356th Quartermaster Truck Companies, respectively- hereafter separate linages.
- Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 54th Quartermaster Battalion, Mobile, inactivated 31 October 1945 in Germany
- Converted and redesignated 1 August 1946 as Headquarters Detachment, 54th Transportation Corps Truck Battalion.
- Redesignated 3 August 1949 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 54th Transportation Truck Battalion, and allotted to the Regular Army.
- Activated 2 September 1949 at Fort Story, Virginia.
- Reorganized and redesignated 1 September 1952 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 54th Treanspotation Amphibious Truck Battalion.
- Redesignated 5 December 1952 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 54th Transportation Battalion.
- Inactivated 27 June 1955 at Fort Eustis, Virgina.
- Redesignated 9 August 1955 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 54th Transportation Battalion.
- Activated 27 August 1955 at Fort Sill, Oklahoma.
- Inactivated 21 October 1963 in Germany
- Activated 1 June 1966 at Fort Lewis, Washington.
- Inactivated 13 August 1970 in Vietnam.
- Converted and redesignated 1 May 1987 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment,54th Support Battalion, assigned to the 3d Armored Division, and activated in Germany ( organic elements concurrently constituted and activated using personnel and equipment from the 3d Support Battalion(Forward).
- Inactivated 15 April 1992 in Germany with all personnel and equipment being transferred to 501st Support Battalion ( Forward).
- Activated as the 54th Support Battalion ( Base) 80th Area Support Group. 16 September 1994.